I was flipping through The Guardian today, when I rather accidentally came across this section; 'On This Day 2nd January.' What struck me most was the event that occurred on the 2nd January, 1492. That was the day when Nasrid Kingdom of Granada, the last stronghold of the Umayyad Caliphate in Spain surrenders to the conquistador, led by Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castille. That day marked the end of the Muslim rule in Iberia.
And what strikes me more is that, today, 2nd of January 2009, the carnage on Palestine hasn't stopped, despite the worldwide protests on this issue. In any days now, Gaza, the last stronghold of the land that we Muslims acknowledge as Palestine, will be invaded by the laknatullah Zionist armies. The situation could not get any worst. So far, 428, let me just repeat that, FOUR BLOODY HUNDRED TWENTY EIGHT innocent Palestines have been massacred. Schools, hospitals, government buildings and most devastatingly, even masjids were destroyed in this inhumane action of the Zionist regime, led by Satan and Jinns among us.
Just to highlight the perils faced by the Palestinian, here are some facts about them as for 25th September 2008.
-Around 80% of Gaza populations live under poverty line.
-Unemployment ratio reached 65%.
-About 97% of factories and workshops stopped working, specifically 3900 factories.
-More than 1500 of raw materials containers and cargos are being held in Israeli ports; bearing in mind they were imported with legal steps.
-The industrial zone of Gaza is completely closed.
-Freedom of movement from Gaza to the West bank, Jerusalem and outside world is being blocked.
- Around 250 people died due to blocking them from either travel for treatment or lack of medicines.
- Nearing to 40% of siege victims are from children.
- About 150 of medicines sorts are not available in Gaza.
- The only medical factory is halted due to shortage of raw materials.
- Projects of constructing and developing hospitals, clinics and educational bodies are being suspended!
- Construction and building companies are stopped!
- 140000 peoples are jobless.
- Projects estimated of 600 $ million are being halted!
- Millions of dollars are the loses of farmers and agricultural sector.
- 60% of Gaza's children suffer from Malnutrition.
- 1,100,000 peoples depend on humanitarian aids provided by UNRWA, Arab, Islamic and foreign organizations.
(These facts are taken from Facebook Group: Free Palestine)
And these are only FEW sufferings that have to be borne by our fellow brothers and sisters in Palestine, before the siege of Gaza. In fact, the hardships they have to endure are beyond our logical mind... And with the current situation and what not, only Allah utterly understands what are they going through.
Let us sit down, muhasabah and ponder, how lucky we are...
Sesungguhnya kami meletakkan-Mu di batang-batang leher musuh-musuh kami,
Dan kami berlindung dengan-Mu daripada kejahatan-kejahatan mereka,
Leburkanlah kumpulan-kumpulan mereka,
Pecah-belahkanlah dan kacau-bilaukanlah persatuan mereka,
Goncangkan pendirian mereka,
Dan hantarkanlah anjing-anjing Kamu kepada mereka
Wahai Tuhan Yang Gagah Perkasa,
Wahai Tuhan Yang Maha Menghukum,
Wahai Tuhan Yang bersifat Murka,
Ya Allah, Ya Allah, Ya Allah,
Wahai Tuhan yang menurunkan kitab,
Wahai Tuhan yang mengarakkan awan,
Wahai Tuhan yang menewaskan bala tentera al-ahzab,
Dan menangkan kami ke atas mereka...!
Amin, ya robbal a'lamin.