12 March 2013

I Am muslim!

[Credit]

People keep wondering, why is it, at 2X (ehem!), I am still single and not even interested to look for a girlfriend..? Am I gay or something..? Gulp. 

I always chuckle to this and my answer will always be the same: Why do I need a girlfriend when super hot chicks are patiently waiting for me up there? If they can be patient, so am I!

People are perplexed, that I don't drink or have sex, that my life centers on doing and call for good and forbid evil. Am I a noob or something..? 

I laugh out loud, before I steady myself and tell them with a straight face: Yes I do drink and have sex and I'm enjoying it! But I do them the halal way! And I tell you, the look on their face is priceless!

People keep pestering me to go out watching movies and karaokeing with them whenever they think I should be free.

I always politely turn them down and tell them I've got something else more important to do. In fact, I do have so much more important things to look after and care for; hallo, the ummah out there is dying! And you expect me to enjoy myself and watch them rot just like that? Pppfffttt!

People keep nagging me, what do I get from all my tarbiyah dan dakwah works, going out till late at night, being zombies in the morning, spending money on fuels for nothing, bla bla bla.. I could have been somebody by now!

I always shake my head and look up for the best answer. Then I will tell them: What you see now is just what your eyes can see. But what you couldn't see is the dream that I'm chasing. I'm after jannah, which is so much bigger and greater than what I have put in. I won't stop until I smell the sweet scent of it and both my feet are safely in it!

People think I'm crazy, doing things for nothing. Giving free talks, treating others for free and doing charity stuff like donkey. They ask me, am I a slave or something..? Hey, it's a free country!

I look to my left side, then to my right. Then I ask them back, are you talking to me..? Look at yourself! Your work like crazy, go back late at night everyday, then having fun like monkey on weekends. Yes, I am a slave, to my Lord, the Almighty. You tell me, to whom are you enslaving yourself..?

People keep asking me, am I not bored with my life..? All the time I go to masjid, happy circle and joyful conference..? Come on, get a life!

I always smile and my answer will always be the same: This is LIFE! I enjoy it as much as I can! Come on, you get a life!

People are always puzzled, why on earth, considering all the bad coverage and publicity on Islam, that Islam is a backward religion, it's violent, oppressive yada yada yada.. Why do I choose to be a Muslim still..? Am I not embarrassed..? 

I just walk away and before I leave, I will look back and say this to their face like a boss: Because I am. I am a muslim and will always be on. I am a muslim and I'm very proud of it!

Islam is not a mere religion.
Islam is not the opium for the weak.
Islam is not the last resort.
Islam is a not a secret weapon.
Islam is not delusional.

Islam is THE way if life. Islam is THE solution. Islam is  not an option.

Islam is me and I am muslim. 

Smiles. 
"And Abraham instructed his sons (o do the same) and (so did) Jacob, (saying), 'O my sons, indeed Allah has chosen for you this religion (Islam), so do not die except while you are Muslims.'"
[al-Baqarah, 2:132]

-gabbana-

9 Caci Maki Puji Muji:

Anonymous 12/03/2013, 15:22  

Undilah calon muslim!

Anonymous 12/03/2013, 16:42  

this is simply awesome ! =)

Anonymous 12/03/2013, 17:50  

saksikan aku seorang Muslim! (Salim A. Fillah)

Anonymous 12/03/2013, 18:25  

Smoga smangat niey kekal membara ya Rahim...

khaliFah_maahad 12/03/2013, 20:07  

"apa ertinya saya menganut islam" Dr Fathi Yakan

;)

Miss Kelabu 12/03/2013, 20:54  

entry nie mmg best of the best!
plg suka ayat ni:
What you see now is just what your eyes can see. But what you couldn't see is the dream that I'm chasing. I'm after jannah, which is so much bigger and greater than what I have put in. I won't stop until I smell the sweet scent of it and both my feet are safely in it!

Anonymous 12/03/2013, 21:00  

Woosh! Yada,...lalala...watave.This is simply handsomely, amazingly awesome. Luv it sooo much. Keep on writing in this carefree, smoothy style...hihhi!!Superb English..err, almost.
TQVM for the knowledge sharing.

wawe 13/03/2013, 07:07  

LGBT..haha! Are you not? ..oops.Say NO to lgbt, pluralism, etc. Peace. =)

Sarah Zulkifli 01/04/2014, 13:36  

ini kalilahh !

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"Sesungguhnya Allah membeli dari orang-orang mukmin, baik diri mahupun harta mereka dengan memberikan syurga kepada mereka. Mereka berperang di jalan Allah; sehingga mereka membunuh atau terbunuh...

Maka bergembiralah dengan jual beli yang telah kamu lakukan itu, dan demikian itulah kemenangan yang Agung."

-At Taubah, 9:111

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP