13 December 2008

I'm halfway through...!!!

Salam all...!

Woah, it has been quite a while since the last time I write something more santai and lepak huh? Have been focusing on finishing up 'Akhi' and was kinda busy lately. So here I am! As today is the last day of the term, I feel like talking something about time, the most mysterious thing in this whole world, that I fail miserably again and again to comprehend...

Yeah, time flies, quoting a friend. Last Tuesday marked my 2 months in London. Hhhmm, doesn't feel like 2 months at all... In fact, I don't feel like I have been in London for 1 year and a half at all...!!! (Well, not really to be honest. I mean, you have to take that 4 months summer holidays in Malaysia into account rite...? ;p)


And... Talking about the last day of the term, it strikes me hard that it also means I am halfway through of getting my Bsc. already...!! Like.... Scary huh...?? And pejam celik pejam celik, the next thing I know my winter holidays have already ended. Then I'll be writing about the last day of my next term. Then Summer. Then the new academic year... Lepas tu, I am on the stage, receiving the scroll from the Director. Then working. Then get married. Or whicever comes first... ;p (All these assuming that I am still alive by that time, of course... Insha-Allah.) Like honestly, man... Time really does fly. Wait a sec. What does Allah say about time...?

"By time. Indeed, mankind is in loss. Except those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience."
al-'Asr,1-3.

Hhmmmm.... So am I in loss...? Really hope not. I ask for His protection and guidance to prevent me from being a hefty criminal, in the sense I violate the haq of time. Do I really use my time to strengthen my belief on my religion? Do I fully utilise my time to do righteous things and deeds? And more importantly, do I spend sufficient and decent time to outreach to people, to wake them up, to make them realise that this worldly life is only temporal, that we have a far more crucial task to accomplish, that is to be rightful and just khalifah of this world...? Sigh...

And of course, there's this famous hadith of Rasulullah SAW narrated by Imam Ahmad, about seizing the 5 things before the other 5; your youth before becoming old, your health before you'll get sick, your wealth before you'll get poor, your free time before you are busy and your life before you die... And yes, it doesn't take a NASA technician to figure out that this hadith is all about time...! Bingo!

I'm already 21, going to be 22 in a not very distant future. But what have I done so far that is significant to the ummah as a whole? Do I really contribute anything to the very religion that I steadfastly and consistently proclaim that I love??

Time time time...

Yeah, I certainly am halfway through of my degree, but am I even one hundredth of achieving the true purpose of why I am being created by Allah...?

"Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and the lack of moderation in our doings, and make firm our steps and succour us against those who deny the truth."
3:147

"Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and efface our bad deeds and take our souls in the company of the righteous."
3:193

"Our Lord! We have sinned against ourselves, and unless You grant us forgiveness and bestow Your mercy upon us, we shall most certainly be lost."
7:23

O Lord, have mercy on me... =S

-gabbana-

Not really sure anymore if this post can be said as santai and lepak. Huhu~

4 Caci Maki Puji Muji:

MC 13/12/2008, 08:20  

Ali (karamallahuwajha) said (more or less along these lines): time's a sword, don't mess with it.. if u dont make gud use of it.. it'll stab u in d back..
(mmg konfem Ali x cakap mcm kat atas tuh.. *krrikkk* *krrikkk* -huhu)

nice one :)

Inche gabbana 13/12/2008, 15:25  

hehehe... but yeah, i get what u mean... ;)

jazakallah khair, akhi. lets use the time that Allah gives us responsibly, shall we...?? =D

Nisyana Abdul 14/12/2008, 07:20  

yup...

jazakallah adam for reminding :)
its my turn to thank u...!
rase berdebar2 mase bace... sebab betul sangat banyak buang masa...

and kene engage society more...
and nak kene improve diri more...
seme-semela nak kene 'more'...

take care!

Inspector Saahab 28/05/2012, 20:58  

stalk IG punya entry lama2. hew hew
respek weh

Related Posts with Thumbnails
"Sesungguhnya Allah membeli dari orang-orang mukmin, baik diri mahupun harta mereka dengan memberikan syurga kepada mereka. Mereka berperang di jalan Allah; sehingga mereka membunuh atau terbunuh...

Maka bergembiralah dengan jual beli yang telah kamu lakukan itu, dan demikian itulah kemenangan yang Agung."

-At Taubah, 9:111

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP